Wednesday, April 10, 2019

seo-and-laravel

https://laracasts.com/discuss/channels/general-discussion/seo-and-laravel

1. level 1
SEO and Laravel
I asked this a few months ago to Jeff, and I wanna get some feedback from you guys.
I find clients who refuse to drop Wordpress just because they heard is too good when it comes to SEO, but it makes my work harder.
How do you approach the SEO aspect of a web app built with Laravel?

2. Level 2
My opinion is that the most successful way to handle SEO is just good content. Google ignores most meta tags these days. So there is not much Wordpress could do better than a Laravel application with the same content. Things like unique titles, pretty url's and speed are important to Google, and those can easily be done with Laravel.

3. Level 3
First of all WP is a CMS while Laravel is a PHP framework. All that can be done with WP, can sure be done with Laravel.
I suggest you ask your clients to explain, what do they think SEO is. I'm pretty sure they have no clue. Next ask three more questions:
  • Can WP generate backlinks?
  • Can WP generate unique content?
  • Can WP generate anything?
Of course answer is NO. WP is as good as is the human behind it.
But if you really need a CMS, then Laravel should not be your tool of choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment